Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Gee gee gee

Once upon a time, I used to want to build things with my bare mitts.  With power tools. But upon realizing I have zero depth perception (thank you eyes. For. Nothing T__T) And my inability to draw, walk, or anything else in a straight line, the realization I'd forever be a less than handy woman,  set in.
I mean, I know how to change a tire and jump a car. In theory of course, not practice. And I hope if I have to do either, I'm not alone. I cringe to think I'll more than likely draw a blank under pressure and be teary eyed watching "How to " YouTube videos and texting for help.

Anyway...
Me attempting to fix anything with tools usually ends in me breaking and /or hurting myself.  My pride is usually in worse shape because I'm surrounded by what I made worse and wait for my Knight in shining armor to fix it. Always fixing it faster than I can blink and making everything look so simple I have no choice but to question my intelligence and basic motor skills. Ultimately I  take no responsibility and blame everyone else so I can sleep at night without thinking "Oh Gawd,  I'm Peter Griffin level re-tah-ded "

Under direct supervision I'm allowed to play with the power tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment